- Physics Dept. Support and Services Directory
List of contacts and roles for departmental services.
- Wireless Support
Instructions for using eduroam on campus.
- Physics Dept. Computing Support
With answers to many FAQ's.
- Physics Room Schedules
Calendars for public rooms managed by the Physics Department.
- 25 Live
UMass calendar of room use all over campus. Look to see if the room you want is available on the date you desire.
- People Finder
Look up any university member here.
UMass digital repository for research and scholarly activity. Often used to post theses.
- Machine/Scientific Instrument Shop
Virtual tour of the facility and form for submitting machine shop jobs.
Online student information system, including grades, course rosters, exam schedules. With instructions.
- Instructional Media Lab
Including assistance with course sites, lecture capture, and audio/visual support for classrooms.
- Echo 360
Arrange for and monitor automatic lecture capture in select classrooms. Also with instructions for getting started. Login with your UMass email address.
- Moodle Home
For course web sites, including help for instructors.
A plagiarism prevention system for use in combination with course websites. Including instructions for use with Moodle.
- Instructions for Hiring Undergraduate Teaching Assistants
List of steps to keep in mind.
- Lecture Prep Support
Hosts an extensive library of demonstrations for use in classrooms, and a calendar of scheduled demonstrations. Request a demo for your classroom directly through the website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Honesty
Policy, procedures, and forms.
- Ombuds Office
For conflict resolution support.
- Disability Services
To track and manage student special needs and exam proctoring. Login required.
- Learning Resource Center
Provides Tutoring support and Supplemental Instruction for large courses. Call to see if your large introductory course qualifies for support.
Administrative Resources for Staff, Faculty and Students
- Resources for Faculty and Staff on OneDrive
Including personnel materials, departmental policy documents, and teaching & committee assignments. Login required.
- Resources for Administrative Staff
are in the "Physics Dept Admin" folder on Teams.
- Departmental Bylaws
All the rules you never knew about.
- Administration and Finance systems
Including Summit, HR Direct, Spire, BuyWays, TerraDotta and ECC (effort reporting). Login to specific applications required.
- Controller's Office
For all things financial. See in particular: guides to admin staff regarding reimbursements. See also the item below.
- Reimbursements for Travel and Meals
Physics Department policy is here (8/3/23).
Overview of University policies is here.
Details about allowable meal and travel reimbursements are here.
- UMass Academic Personnel Workflow System
The UMass system for Annual Faculty Reports and promotion cases, among other things.
- UMass Course and Curriculum Management System
For course proposals and course changes. With guidelines.
- Fact Sheet - Umass Research Administration
Fact Sheet for grant management. Rules for calculating fringe, payroll, etc.
- Website Instructions and Documentation
Instructions for logging in to the website (for those who have accounts) and performing the most common tasks.
- News & Events Personnel
A directory of personnel who manage news and events in the department.
- Hiring People
- Hiring Undergraduates for hourly pay: Faculty (not students) should fill out this Google form.
- Hiring Departmental Assistants (non-benefited, non-student, hourly employees, also known as "O3"): Start by filling out this Google form. A month of lead time is needed; contact Racquel for details. Faculty or staff should do this, not the employee.
- Hiring Postdoctoral Fellows or Research Fellows: Start by filling out this Google form. Faculty or staff should do this, not the employee.
- Link for hourly employees (students and Departmental Assistants) to report hours. Please be sure to forward this information to the supervisor.
- UMass Amherst Printing Options 2021-09
Printing and copying for exams or large print jobs are processed on a PO through Buyways and require a quote from the UMass approved vendors.
- Sales Tax Exemption Form
To insure vendors treat UMass purchases as tax exempt.
- UMW-9 Taxpayer Identification
For domestic vendors and visitors. Make sure they include an email address.
- W-8BEN Certificate of Foreign Status
For foreign vendors and visitors. Make sure they include a copy of the passport and visa.
- Visitor Reimbursement Information Sheet
For departmental purposes.
- Pre-Travel Authorization
Complete this authorizaton BEFORE you leave.
- Travel Reimbursement
For departmental members, visitors and speakers.
For registered vendors. Sign at the arrow.