The Building Maintenance Department provides operations, maintenance, and repair support for six million square feet of academic and administrative buildings.
Interim Assistant Director, Building Maintenance
(413) 545-6401 - Facilities Solutions Center, to report an issue in your building, or to make a service request. You can also make a service request on-line.
(413) 545-6429 - Assistant Director's reception line
Our maintenance team is distributed throughout five geographic zones. We dispatch daily from shops located in building remote from the central Physical Plant. Our workload is primarily preventative maintenance and minor maintenance and repair support to customers. Minimal shop stock is maintained at each location. Our emphasis is on fast response, customer support, and high levels of Preventive Maintenance accomplishment.
- Architectural maintenance & repair
- Mechanical maintenance & repair
- Asbestos, lead and mold abatement
- Contract surveillance
- Window/AC service & repair
In order to schedule our team to respond to needs for these types of services, campus community members need to submit a Service Request Form. If you have an emergency (lockout, stuck in elevator, water leak, etc.), please call 545-6401. Do not use the form!
Our Zone teams take care of minor maintenance and repair, while our Central Shops & Contracts Division oversees chillers, elevators, air filters, fire alarms, locks, card access & security systems, flooring needs and lead, mold & asbestos abatement.