Supplemented later with Green Ash. A row of Carolina Poplars planted on the North side of the crosswalk, opposite the maples, by members of the class who came up from 1882. Planted in the spring of 1879. These trees no longer exist. The last one of these Poplars was removed in the Spring of 1922, 36 inches in diameter.
Botanical Name: Acer saccharum