Friday, October 16 - Sunday, October 18
Welcome Students and Families!
It is our pleasure to invite you to attend VIRTUAL Family Weekend 2020 scheduled for October 16-18.
With the university being mostly remote, we have made the decision to move all Family Weekend activities online. This annual Fall tradition will give students and their families and guests an opportunity to participate in events and programs virtually.
Below you will find links to our schedule at a glance, registration page, and important information about our Proud UMass Amherst Photo Contest. We also have a Frequently Asked Questions section that provides answers and information about the weekend.
Thank you for your continued support of UMass Amherst. If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com. We look forward to serving you!
Family Weekend Schedule at a Glance
Check out all the exciting events and programs we are offering for this year’s virtual Family Weekend. Family Weekend Schedule at a Glance
Register for Family Weekend
All students, families, and guests participating in Family Weekend activities must first register in order to view our virtual events and access zoom links and event descriptions. All events are FREE! Registration is now open and will be available until Sunday, October 18!
UMass Related Zoom Background
To show your pride for UMass this weekend, we invite you to use any of the photos available in this Box file for your Zoom background for your scheduled Family Weekend activities.
PROUD UMass Family Photo Contest
Families, put your photography skills and fun Family Weekend spirit to the test and submit a Family Weekend photo of your family wearing our UMass Amherst PROUD Family t-shirt or hoodie. Entries will be picked randomly by the UMass Amherst Advisory Council for first, second, and third place. These t-shirts will be worn by thousands of UMass parents and family members during Family Weekend and throughout the year! Be sure to read the rules below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Family Weekend Photo Contest is open to families of currently enrolled full-time UMass Amherst undergraduate students. Participation in the contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of all official contest rules.
- All photos should represent the UMass Amherst “Be Revolutionary” spirit
- At least one member of the family must wear the UMass Amherst Proud Family t-shirt or hoodie (currently available at the UMass Store for purchase).
- Photos may be taken with cameras or a smartphone.
- Photos can be color or Black and White.
- Your UMass student must be included in the photo, even if they have to be cropped in. Family pets are also welcome.
- Photos can be taken at home, at the park, in your neighborhood, while participating in a family tradition, outing, etc.
- Photos must be family oriented, with the “Proud Family” as the main theme.
- All photos must be submitted via the Office of Parent Services Facebook page www.facebook.com/UMassAmherstParents under the Photo Contest post (if you don’t know how, your student should be able to assist you).
- Upload your photo under comments.
- The Office of Parent Services and the UMass Amherst Advisory Council reserve the right to use all photos for future publication purposes.
- Only one entry per family during the entry period.
- You may LIKE as many family photo submissions as you want but refrain from commenting on others’ photos.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Deadline for submission: October 13, 2020
Selection of winners: October 17, 2020 (Winners will be announced at the Student Performance Showcase, Saturday, October 17, 2020 starting at 7:30 p.m.)
3 winners will be selected:
1st Prize -- $500 Books by eCampus Scholarship to go toward your student’s educational expenses (including textbooks) for Spring 2021 and/or Summer 2021
2nd Prize -- $250 Books by eCampus Scholarship to go toward your student’s educational expenses (including textbooks) for Spring 2021 and /or Summer 2021
3rd Prize -- $100 Books by eCampus Scholarship to go toward your student’s educational expenses (including textbooks) for Spring 2021 and /or Summer 2021
In addition, every family who participates in the photo contest will automatically enter into a raffle for a chance for their student to win a pair of Apple Airpods Pro from the UMass Store.
Note: All students of families participating in the photo contest must be enrolled this fall semester and plan to enroll in Spring 2021. Class schedules for fall 2020 will be verified prior to disbursement of prizes to winners.