This scholarship was established by UMass alumni who work at Putnam Investments.
- Be currently enrolled full time at one of the sponsoring UMass campuses: Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, or Lowell
- Be a matriculated undergraduate student: freshman, sophomore, or junior
- Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0
All Presidential Scholarship applications must be completed and submitted via UMass Amherst AcademicWorks before the deadline of March 1. Your Net ID credentials are your log in.
Your online application will prompt you to include:
- Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- One letter of recommendation, uploaded by your named recommender (optional)
- One Essay: Please write a personal statement to introduce yourself to the scholarship committee. Include (1) what you think has been your significant experiences beyond what may be reflected in your academic transcripts (e.g., personal characteristics; leadership experience you have had in any area of your life, such as school, work, athletics, family, volunteering, community; obstacles you may have overcome; or other relevant information), and (2) your personal and career goals. Maximum of 500 words.