This scholarship was established in honor of the former Chair of the UMass Board of Trustees to provide recognition and financial assistance to an outstanding student on the basis of both merit and need.
- Currently an enrolled full-time at UMass at one of the following campuses: Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, Lowell
- Be a resident of Massachusetts
- Be a matriculated sophomore
- Have an overall GPA of 3.5 earned at UMass
- Open to all majors with preference given to mathematics, sciences and nursing
In addition to completing the Grace K. Fey Scholarship Application Form
, students must submit the following as PDF attachments to an email, including student’s name and scholarship, to ONSA@honors.umass.edu before March 1, 2018
- Completed and signed Scholarship Application Form
- Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Letter of recommendation
- Three essays (up to 500 words per essay) that address the following:
- Why have you chosen your current course of study at UMass?
- Choose a person or persons you admire and explain why.
- Describe how being awarded the Grace K. Fey Scholarship will help you achieve your educational and career goals.
The scholarship provides one $1,500 annual award. The award is renewable contingent upon the recipient continuing to maintain all eligibility criteria.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. All emailed material must include the student’s name and SPIRE ID number.
Back to UMass Presidential and Alumni Scholarships