UPay is an installment payment plan offered by the University. UPay is not a loan program. There are no interest or finance charges. However, there is a non-refundable enrollment fee. Payments are automatically deducted through your checking or savings account or credit card. There is a 2.7% fee for credit cards.
Tuition & Fees
Class listings will display the per-credit fee. Please note that per-credit fees may vary between programs. Check program websites for further information.
CPE Class Fees
- Fees for classes can be found in the Restrictions/Notes section on the class in SPIRE.
- Credit class: $47/term; non-refundable
- Non-Credit class: $25/term; non-refundable
Individualized Study Fees
- Undergraduate Independent Study or Practicum: $195/credit
- Graduate Independent Study or Practicum: $220/credit
- Summer Thesis/Dissertation: $195/credit
Non-CPE (University-scheduled) Class Fees
- Undergraduate-level students (including non-degree): $402/credit, plus CPE Campus Fee $221/credit (total $623/credit)
- Graduate-level students (including non-degree): see Bursar's website for rates
Graduate Entering Fee
One-time, non-refundable $507 fee
Undergraduate Entering Fee
One-time, non-refundable $135 fee applies to all undergraduate students admitted in Fall 2012 or later. Students admitted prior to Fall 2012 will continue paying the $75 Undergraduate Commencement Fee.
Undergraduate Commencement Fee
Undergraduate students who were admitted prior to Fall 2012 are assessed a $75 fee during the semester of graduation.
Access Tuition Bill & Payment
Students can view and pay their tuition bill in QuikPAY, the University's online billing and payment system. To access QuikPAY, student must first log into SPIRE.
Charges in SPIRE
Bills are usually generated once/month. Bill notification is sent to your UMass email OR to the email address that we have on file. Paper bills are not generated.
You can pay your semester tuition bill by credit card, check or cash.
- Credit Card: Using QuickPAY
- Check: Make payable to the University of Massachusetts (include your name and Student ID number on check). Mail or deliver in-person at the Bursar's Office.
- Cash: Payments should be made in-person at the Bursar's office.
UMass Bursar's Office Attn: CPE
215 Whitmore Bldg
181 President's Dr.
Amherst, MA 01003
UPay Payment Plan
We must have a purchase order or letter of authorization on file. Paperwork should be sent to address above.
Financial Aid, Scholarships and other tuition assistance programs are available.
In order to be eligible for a refund, you must OFFICIALLY drop your class by the end of Add/Drop. Notifying the instructor or ceasing to attend class does not constitute an official drop or withdrawal. See our Refund Policy for more information.