Paying for college.
Get access to the University of Massachusetts Amherst and what it has to offer, while keeping costs down as you pursue your degree. Investing in your education is a significant financial decision. We can make investing in tomorrow a little easier today. Financial aid, scholarships, grants and payment plans are available to students in the Exploratory Pathways Program.
University Without Walls classes at UMass Amherst are charged by the credit and vary by subject area.
Per credit costs range from $402-482.
Additional fees may be applicable:
- Per semester registration fee: $47 (non-refundable)
- One-time undergraduate entering fee: $135
- On-campus class fee: $623
- Application fee: $75
Financial Aid Services
The university’s financial aid department awards financial aid packages. Types of awards include loans, grants, scholarships, and work study. Students must apply for aid every year by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Aid is available during the summer as well, but requires a separate application.
The following scholarships are available to students pursuing a degree through the University Without Walls.
Miriam Williford Scholarship Fund
- Application deadline is April 30
- Available for Spring semester only
- Must demonstrate a lifelong commitment to learning
David A. Cole Scholarship
- Application deadlines are January 6, May 6, August 6, and December 6
- Must be actively employed and pursuing a change of career
- Must demonstrate financial need
Questions about applying for these scholarships can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPay Payment Plan
UPay is an installment payment plan offered by the University. UPay is not a loan program. There are no interest or finance charges. However, there is a non-refundable enrollment fee. Payments are automatically deducted through your checking or savings account or credit card. There is a 2.7% fee for credit cards.