Basic calculus with applications to problems in the life and social sciences. Functions and graphs, the derivative, techniques of differentiation, curve sketching, maximum-minimum problems, exponential and logarithmic functions, exponential growth and decay, and introduction to integration. Prerequisite: proficiency in high school algebra, including word problems. Honors sections available. (Gen.Ed. R2)
[Note: Because this course presupposes knowledge of basic math skills, it will satisfy the R1 requirement upon successful completion.]
Please note, out-of-state pricing may apply for matriculated campus students. See SPIRE for details.
Online classes in mathematics and statistics will require proctored exams, which may be taken in virtual or online proctoring environments.
Term Fee: $47
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: December 26, 2019
- End date: January 18, 2020
- Last day to add: December 28, 2019
- Last day to drop: December 28, 2019
- Last day to withdraw: January 9, 2020
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw