Basic calculus with applications to problems in the life and social sciences. Functions and graphs, the derivative, techniques of differentiation, curve sketching, maximum-minimum problems, exponential and logarithmic functions, exponential growth and decay, and introduction to integration. Prerequisite: proficiency in high school algebra, including word problems. Honors sections available. (Gen.Ed. R2)
[Note: Because this course presupposes knowledge of basic math skills, it will satisfy the R1 requirement upon successful completion.]
Please note, out-of-state pricing may apply for matriculated campus students. See SPIRE for details.
Online classes in mathematics may require in-person proctored exams.
Term Fee: $47
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: December 26, 2018
- End date: January 19, 2019
- Last day to add: December 28, 2018
- Last day to drop: December 28, 2018
- Last day to withdraw: January 9, 2019
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw