Liars' Economics will introduce students to skeptical and effective consumption and production of information in the era of big data. Students will learn how to spot and avoid statistical pitfalls, irrational decisions, fake news, information out of context, and blind faith. The course will draw from historical examples and current events and from contemporary debates in economics and political economy. Students will practice interpreting, visualizing, and writing about big data.
To enroll in ECON classes, students must have met all prerequisites.
Term Fee: $47
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: July 8, 2019
- End date: August 16, 2019
- Last day to add: July 12, 2019
- Last day to drop: July 12, 2019
- Last day to withdraw: July 31, 2019
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw