Basic principles of structure and reactivity. Microscopic nature of atoms and molecules; the macroscopic properties of chemical systems. Topics include stoichiometry, thermochemistry, atomic structure, molecular structure, properties of gases. (Gen.Ed. PS)
Prerequisites: MATH 101 and MATH 102, or its equivalent of MATH 104, or a score of 20 or higher on Part "A" of the Math Placement test, or MATH 127, 128, 131, or 132. Note: a maximum of 5 units may be received for both CHEM 101 and CHEM 102, or 2 units for either, if CHEM 111 is completed.
Please note, out-of-state pricing may apply for matriculated campus students. See SPIRE for details.
Online Plus in Person
Mon, Wed, Jul 8, 2019 - Aug 16, 2019: 1:30-4:40 pmIntegrated Science Labs155-165
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: July 8, 2019
- End date: August 16, 2019
- Last day to add: July 12, 2019
- Last day to drop: July 12, 2019
- Last day to withdraw: July 31, 2019
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw