In this course, students will learn how to use the FAST code to simulate wind turbines. FAST is a free, open-source code created by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. It models the aerodynamics, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, and control of a wind turbine. Students will learn how to download and run FAST, how to generate and modify input files, and how to analyze output data. At the end of the course students should be highly competent users of FAST, ready to perform loads and energy generation analysis and try out new design modifications of their own.
Please note, out-of-state pricing may apply for matriculated campus students. See SPIRE for details.
Term Fee: $47
Class Fee: $
Materials fee may apply. See SPIRE for details
- Start date: January 22, 2019
- End date: May 1, 2019
- Last day to add: February 4, 2019
- Last day to drop: February 4, 2019
- Last day to withdraw: March 19, 2019
- 100% through last day to add
- 50% through last day to withdraw
- 0% after last day to withdraw