Community College Transfer

Community College Transfers

For Massachusetts community college students or graduates, programs offered through UWW (formerly CPE) honor the MassTransfer Block(MTB).

This block satisfies the completion of general education (GenEd) requirements with the ability to add 2 additional courses, one of which being Integrative experience and the other being Junior Year Writing.

  • UWW at UMass Amherst will waive the application fee for MA Community College graduates (or current students in their last semester).
  • UWW requires an essay and resume as part of the transfer application. *
  • UWW tuition and fees:
    • Please consult the program in which you wish to enroll for specific costs (they may vary).
    • We do not 'tuition credit' (formerly called a waiver).
    • We do not freeze tuition and fees upon entry.
    • We do not offer any end-of-semester rebate.

Looking to transfer credits from a Massachusetts community college? You will need to get your transcript, click on the community college link to find out how.


Hit Enter to search or "ESC" to close

Class Search

Use our interactive class finder to search by subject, program, term, and more!

Quick Links

Looking for important dates? Or do you need to fill out a specific form?

Search UMass Amherst

Find info from across all UMass Amherst departments and programs.