The Ombuds Office is a good place to start when you have a conflict, a sense of unfairness, or a concern to deal with while you’re a member of the faculty or a chair at the University. The earlier you identify a problem and look for a solution, the more easily resolution can be achieved. By talking through your situation with an Ombuds, you may find your own answers to your issue, or you may be able to benefit from the coaching and other informal resolution services the Ombuds can offer.
Since the Ombuds Office is confidential and impartial, you’ll be free to discuss your concerns openly, without fear that your communications will be shared with anyone, and without being judged or criticized. Our goal is always to help facilitate a fair resolution of your concerns.
Some of the issues that staff have discussed with our office include:
- Faculty/staff, faculty/student, faculty/faculty, or faculty/administration disputes
- Administrative concerns
- Interpersonal communication
- Understanding University policies and procedures
- Unfair treatment
- Informal resolution of academic dishonesty concerns
- Harassment or bullying behaviors