The first floor of Old Chapel is an active daily space that houses ongoing Chapel programming. This includes New Student Admissions in the morning and a student study space in the afternoon. This room is only available after 5 PM on weekdays or 9 AM - 9 PM on the weekends as an addition to any Great Hall reservation. This space is perfect for receptions, small gatherings, post-event dinners, meetings, overflow event space from the Great Hall, and more.
The Multi-Purpose Room may be booked as a single booking space after 5 PM if the permanent room setup and group needs align. Booking this space is at the discretion of the Old Chapel Manager. Please contact us with any questions or requests.
Multi-Purpose Room Dimensions: 30' X 60' (1800 square feet)
Maximum guest capacities based on fire code and quantity of furniture.
Reception Set - 100 guest maximum
- Includes up to 8 cocktail tables, 4 catering tables, and a bar.
Theater Set - 100 guest maximum
- Includes theater seating for 100, 4 cocktail tables, and up to 4 catering tables.
Seated Meal Set - 48 guest maximum
- Includes up to 6 rounds of 8, 4 catering tables, and 4 cocktail tables.
Video wall with HDMI hookup
- Optional interactive touch screen UMass program
- Hand-held wireless microphone
- Integrated PA sound system
- Sheer shades
- Standing podium
- Event music via Spotify
- Flip charts and easels
- Presentation remotes
- Adjustable room lighting
- Two corner couches with tables