About Student Parent Programs
We understand that being both a parent and a student presents its own unique set of challenges, and we're here to support you. We can help you navigate UMass, get connected to resources, apply for a childcare subsidy, meet other students with families, find kid-friendly educational and cultural activities to do in the community, and more.
Our office is currently working remotely. To learn more about supports available to student parents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you!
University COVID-19 Response
Check the university's COVID-19 page – umass.edu/coronavirus – for regular updates and advisories.
Support for Student Parents - Spring 2021
We recognize that our student parents are greatly impacted by school and daycare closures as well as other changes caused by the COVID-19 crisis. Student Parent Programs staff are available via email and video conference to offer support and connect you with university and community resources. Email email@example.com for childcare funding questions and firstname.lastname@example.org for other questions or for additional support. Check out our other pages for information about upcoming online events and webinars, community resources and child care subsidies available to support UMass student parents.
- See here for information about child care subsidies available to UMass student parents.
- See here for more information about and to apply for a Student Parent Programs Family Grant. UMass student parents may apply for a Family Grant for non-child care related unexpected expenses that would negatively impact academic progress. SPP Family Grants are provided in the form of a scholarship and dispersed via student bursar accounts. Family Grants are awarded one per household, up to $500 per semester (max. $1000 / academic year.)
- Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on Student Parent Programs news and to find family-friendly activities and events
- See our COVID-19 Student Parent Resource list for information about:
- Free online educational and enrichment activities for kids
- Ideas for easy activities to do at home with little ones
- Free parent support and self care resources
- Listing of local organizations that address food and income insecurity issues
Email us at email@example.com if you have resources to share - we’ll add them to the list. Check out our Facebook page for weekly tips, activities and resource sharing.
Check out our monthly newsletter for news and resources for UMass student parents: