The General Education (Gen Ed) Task Force (GETF), formed by Provost Charlena Seymour and the Rules Committee of the faculty senate, concluded its two-year term in May 2009. Comprised of faculty, administrators, and graduate students, its charge was to “re-energize and improve this important component of undergraduate education.” Among the activities of the GETF were a revised purpose statement and new Gen Ed website. Various methods of data collection by the Office of Academic Planning and Assessment (OAPA) enabled the task force to make decisions that would improve the experience for students taking Gen Ed courses and instructors teaching those courses. The following documents, unless specified, were created during the 2007–2009 term of the Gen Ed Task Force.
- “What Students Value in General Education Courses” thematic diagram
- “Challenges and Opportunities in General Education” thematic diagram
- Gen Ed Curriculum Mapping: Learning Objectives by Gen Ed Course Designations (2018)
- Gen Ed Curriculum Mapping: Learning Objectives by Gen Ed Course Designations (2008)
- Defining Critical Thinking: Instructor Responses