We want to make sure you get off to a great start with UMass Amherst while acknowledging your previous college experience.
Something for Everyone
- Everyone participates in our orientation & transition experiences to help ease the adjustment to UMass.
- We offer programs for first-year students, transfer students, and family members/supporters.
- We invite students admitted for Spring 2022 to learn more about the three components of your Orientation & Transition experience: Guide to the U, Ready for the U, and Welcome to the U.
Through the orientation & transition expeirences you’ll start to understand what it means to be a member of the UMass community. Activities are designed for you to:
- Connect with each other, current students, advisors, and staff
- Navigate UMass, including our online presence, and discover more resources
- Get to know our values, community standards, and your responsibilities
- Meet with an advisor and register for classes