New Students Orientation is more than an event it's a journey! Our programs, tools, and checklist are designed to help you meet the people and learn about the requirements and resources that will help you make decisions about your first semester as a UMass Amherst student.
Something for Everyone
- Everyone participates in our orientation and welcome programs to help ease the transition to UMass.
- We offer programs for first-year students, transfer students, and family members/supporters.
Through the orientation & transition programs you’ll start to experience what it means to be a member of the UMass community. Activities are designed for you to:
- Connect with each other, current students, advisors, and staff
- Navigate UMass, including our online presence, and discover more resources
- Get to know our values, community standards, and your responsibilities
- Meet with an advisor and register for classes
Details Coming This Spring
- We are working hard to plan for Summer & Fall 2021 and more details will be available during the spring semester.
- Until then, we hope you Say Yes to UMass and check back here starting in March.
- It’s also very important that you check your UMass email regularly once it becomes available to you (usually in May). UMass email is the official mode of communication between you and UMass.