Step 1. Confirm Your Place
Review the materials posted by Undergraduate Admissions upon your acceptance to the university. Follow their instructions and pay the non-refundable $500 enrollment fee BEFORE signing up for an orientation session. Please check your SPIRE Admitted Students page using your NetID and password to confirm that your enrollment fee has been received.
Step 2. Sign Up for Your Session
- Registration for Summer NSO is now open. Click the Register Here button below to begin your registration. Please keep in mind that our in-person orientation sessions are full. However, students entering UMass for Fall 2018 who haven't yet signed up for orientation should register for online orientation.
- Registration for Winter NSO (spring admits) is typically open from mid-November through the beginning of January.
1. If you require any special services (sign language interpreters, dietary restrictions, etc.) while you are attending orientation, please indicate your needs on the orientation registration form or contact the New Students Orientation office at (413) 545-2621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
2. Although a Kosher Meal Plan is offered to students during the academic year, kosher meals are not available during New Students Orientation, Transfer Student Registration, or Parents and Family Orientation. Vegetarian options are available.
3. Room assignments for overnight NSO sessions (summer, first-year students only) are made using the gender identified on the student’s admissions application and is currently limited to male/female. To request a gender-inclusive/gender-neutral room or for further assistance with orientation room assignments, please contact New Students Orientation at 413-545-2621 and ask for Elizabeth or Jeanne.