The UMass Amherst Office of News and Media Relations is looking for student workers to support strategic communications initiatives on various social media platforms. Students can expect to work 10-12 hours per week. Both work/study and non-work/study students are encouraged to apply.
This is an opportunity to tell the timely and relevant stories of UMass students, faculty and staff. We are looking for students to work with the Digital Content Team to integrate the student perspective and voice while producing and executing social media content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Produce content, including photography, video, and written communications for use on various websites and social media platforms
- Report on community issues or opportunities
- Provide feedback on digital strategies from the student perspective
- Attend campus events, often at night and on weekends, and send photos and text to News Office staff
- Commit to regular office hours to work on assignments and projects
- Interest in or experience with digital communications
- Exceptional social media game
- Demonstrated photography or video experience
- Strong written communication skills
- An awareness of on-campus events and activities and an eye for what will perform well with students on social media
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and at least three content samples to Mary Dettloff at email@example.com.
Your content samples might include:
- An Instagram or Snapchat story you’ve created featuring at least four pieces of content. (This can be in video format or shared as a series of screenshots.)
- A sample of your video and photography work. (This can be shared as a link to your portfolio or to social media posts you've previously created.)
- 1-2 writing samples