The UMass Amherst Office of News and Media Relations is looking for student workers to support strategic diversity communications initiatives. In this paid position ($11/hour), students can expect to work 8-10 hours per week. Applications for this position have now closed.
This is an opportunity to help promote the ways in which the University has committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and gain valuable experience in the growing field of digital and social media communications.
In this role, students will work with the Diversity Communications Manager to integrate the student perspective and voice, specifically surrounding diversity, into UMass Amherst social media and digital communications.
- Produce content, including photography, video, and written communications for use on various websites and social media platforms
- Report on community issues or opportunities
- Provide feedback on digital strategies from the student perspective
- Attend campus events, often at night and on weekends, and send reports with photos and text to News Office staff
- Attend social media strategy meetings
- Interest in or experience with digital communications
- Proficiency with social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Demonstrated photography or video experience
- Strong written communication skills
- An awareness of on-campus events and activities and an eye for what will perform well with students on social media
Application Instructions: We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thank you!