The UMass Amherst Office of News and Media Relations is seeking a student photographer to support both the UMass news team and the digital content team. Students can expect to work 10-12 hours per week. Both work/study and non-work/study students are encouraged to apply.
This is an opportunity to help illustrate the timely and relevant stories of UMass students, faculty and staff. The photographer will be given photo assignments to support news content and will also be expected to contribute photographs and short video for the digital content team’s needs on the UMass social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat).
- Photo assignments from associate director to illustrate new releases and stories
- Photo assignments from the digital content team to supplement social media coverage of events or daily campus life for social media content
- Providing photo and video support for the digital content team as needed
- Producing high quality news or social media images in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills and reliability
- Minimum one year experience taking photos for different purposes and platforms
- Strong interest in photojournalism
- Ability to handle a DSLR camera for both indoor and outdoor photography
- Strong news sense
- Responsiveness to questions and requests
- Comfortable working with a variety of people
- Ability to deliver photos on time
- Knowledge of basic photo editing and resizing
- Experience capturing basic b-roll video footage with a DSLR preferred, but not required
Please email a resume, cover letter and link to an online photo portfolio (a Flickr or Instagram is OK) to Mary Dettloff at email@example.com.