The Student Care Supply Closets, offering free toiletries and household items to students who are facing economic insecurity and/or an unexpected financial emergency, are running low and donations are needed.
The closets are managed by Student Affairs and Campus Life.
Join a community of care by supporting the closets in the following ways:
- Donate via the online wish list as a part of our “virtual drive.” Items will be shipped directly to the Dean of Students Office.
- Donate by dropping off new/unused household and personal care items at the Dean of Students Office, in Whitmore 227. See below for a list of most needed items.
- Participate during the upcoming UMass Gives drive. The Dean of Students Office is looking for student ambassadors to help raise funds for the Student Care Emergency Response Fund (SCERF), which provides micro-grants to students in need.
- Refer any students who could benefit from the closets for more information.
Currently, the most needed items are:
- Individually wrapped paper towels
- Hair care products for students with natural hair (suggested brands are Shea Moisture, Cantu and Carol’s Daughter)
- Body lotion for sensitive skin and body lotion with shea butter
- Body wash
- Bar soap with shea butter and bar soap for sensitive skin
- Dish soap
- Pads and tampons