Six undergraduates from across campus have received the spring UMass Amherst Rising Researcher award.
The Rising Researcher program celebrates undergraduate students who excel in research, scholarship or creative activity.
The spring 2019 Rising Researchers are:
- Rebecca Castonguay, industrial engineering
- Constance Roberts, history of art and architecture, German and Scandinavian studies
- Olivia Venezia, microbiology
- Aastha Pokharel, public health and biochemistry
- Allyson Rosati, Spanish, biochemistry and molecular biology
- Garrett Sager, theater
All six Rising Researchers are students in Commonwealth Honors College.
They were honored and presented with plaques on Wednesday, April 24 at the chancellor’s residence. Also honored were the eight students chosen as Rising Researchers in the fall.
Learn more about the Rising Researchers here.