EDITOR'S NOTE: Many of the events listed below have been moved online to a virtual format. More information is available on the university events calendar or at the department of music and dance website.
In accordance with the university’s recent announcement regarding on-campus events, all UMass Amherst department of music and dance events scheduled for March 22 through April 5 have been cancelled or postponed, including those listed below:
The status of all department of music and dance events will be reevaluated after April 1 based on further announcements from the university. Please refer to the music and dance event calendar for updated information.
- Saturday, March 28- 38th Annual New England Saxophone Festival & Competition – Sat., 3/28; Postponed to Saturday, April 17, 2021
- Sunday, March 29- Guest Faculty Concert: Ronald Gorevic
- Tuesday, March 31- Jazz Lab Ensemble
- Wednesday, April 1- Brass Chamber Concert
- Saturday, April 4- Dance Science Symposium; Postponed to March 11, 2021
- Saturday, April 4- 22nd Annual High School Jazz Festival
- Saturday, April 4- Chamber Choir
- Sunday, April 5- Faculty Concert: Nadine Shank & Friends #6
No student recitals will take place between March 22 – April 5.
More information is available on the UMass Amherst Response to the coronavirus website.