Researchers in the Musculoskeletal and Orthopedic Biomechanics Laboratory are seeking mothers with children under 5 years old to volunteer for a study on the connection between having children and osteoarthritis.
Prospective participants must meet the following criteria:
- Age 25 to 45 years
- Be in good general health with a BMI less than 30 kg/m2
- Have no history of major lower extremity surgery, injury, or current joint pain
- Have given birth to a full-term infant without complications (37 – 42 weeks)
- Have given birth between one to five years ago
- Not be currently breastfeeding
Participants will be asked to complete one visit to the lab, where they will stand, walk and run for short bouts, while researchers measure movement and the activity of muscles.
They will also be asked to complete questionnaires about general health. The study will take about two hours to complete.
Child care will be offered during the data collection.
To learn more, email email@example.com or call (413) 545-4421.