As winter approaches, all staff and faculty should know how to obtain information related to severe weather, including closing announcements, parking rules, staggered departure procedures for early closings, related time and attendance policies and the rescheduling of final exams on snow days.
- For information on the weather closing status of the campus, visit umass.edu/closing
- For a summary of severe closing weather information, including radio and TV stations that broadcast closing announcements, go to umass.edu/closing/sites/default/files/WeatherClosingInfo.pdf
- Information on the rescheduling of final exams on official snow days is available at umass.edu/closing/sites/default/files/Finals.pdf
- For park smart tips for snow days, check the parking snow policy at umass.edu/transportation/snow-policy
- To read the staggered departure procedure, go to umass.edu/closing/sites/default/files/ClosureDeparture.pdf
- For information on inclement weather and related time and attendance policies, visit umass.edu/closing/sites/default/files/InclementWeatherMemoEmployees.pdf
- For winter weather preparedness tips, please visit umass.edu/emergency/winter-weather-preparedness
When the governor issues an order to close state executive offices in response to a severe winter weather advisory or alert, university officials take into account the governor’s decision in relation to local conditions and community safety. There may be times when regional weather conditions will allow the campus to remain open.
Sign up for UMass Amherst Alerts Emergency Text Messaging System
UMass Amherst Alerts Emergency Text Messaging System is one of the primary methods the university uses to notify the campus community of an ongoing or imminent campus emergency, including weather-related closures. It is important to receive these time-critical emergency notifications. You are encouraged to register for these emergency notifications at umass.edu/emergency.