The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) is offering a Zoom webinar on Thursday, Oct. 15, at 5:30 p.m. EDT for a discussion of the following themes:
- Healthcare costs
- Disparities in quality of care and access
- Supply chain bottlenecks and shortages
- Additional implications from COVID-19
- Proposed changes to healthcare policies
Questions may be submitted upon registering; the panel will do their best to respond to as many as possible.
- John Hird, dean of the UMass Amherst College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Airín Martínez, assistant professor of health policy and management, School of Public Health and Health Sciences
- Robert Pollin, Distinguished Professor of Economics and co-director of the Political Economy Research Institute (PERI)
- Manasvini Singh, assistant professor of resource economics
- Jennifer Lundquist, senior associate dean of Research and Faculty Development, professor of sociology
This event is presented by the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences as part of the Social Science Matters Series.
There is no cost to participate. Please consider a gift to the SBS Faculty Excellence Fund which enables SBS to retain top talent, support educational excellence, outstanding teaching, and impactful research.
A link to register is available on the SBS website.