Seven staff members, three teams of employees and 10 student employees have been recognized for their outstanding contributions to the university.
The 2019 Chancellor’s Citation Award:
The Chancellor’s Citation Award recognizes employees who have demonstrated outstanding performance in helping the university achieve its goals and objectives through original contributions to the university, attainment of high-priority university objectives, performance “beyond the call of duty” and/or achievement of significant improvements in productivity or savings in university operations.
The 2019 Chancellor’s Citation Award Recipients are:
- Gary Czupkiewicz, chemical engineering
- Eliza Frasier, music and dance
- Janet Lathrop, Office of News and Media Relations
- Jenna Rostek, facilities operations
- Abd Karim Sahila, concessions, commissary, trucks
- Carol Sharick, advising center, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Robin Walsh, nursing services
- Campus Reaccreditation Team: Bryan Beck, Marcy Clark, Krisztina Filep, Michelle Goncalves, Bryan Harvey and Martha Stassen
- Human Resources Team: Rachel Fonseca and Robert Saunderson
- Athletics Team: Steve Capuano, Warren Hayden, Jillian Jakuba, Alyssa Leonard, Ryan Mahan and Chris Tucci
The Gerald F. Scanlon Student Employee of the Year Award
The Gerald F. Scanlon Student Employee of the Year Award was instituted in the 1987-88 academic year. The intent of the award is to recognize and honor students who have demonstrated outstanding performance by contributing their time and/or skill to help the university achieve its goals and objectives.
2019 Gerald F. Scanlon Student Employee of the Year Award Recipients are:
- Jonathan Butts, Controller’s Office
- Wei Cai, Center for Multicultural Advancement and Student Success
- Shannon Emmett, Graduate School Office of Professional Education
- Christopher Kosteva, admissions
- Michael Lanen, history
- John Mazzone, landscape management
- Jeremy Paradie, electrical and computer engineering
- Stephanie Puro, veterinary and animal sciences
- Shelby Tonelli, microbiology
- Neda Toutounchi Shabestari, residence education
View photos from the event here.