Prospective Students | Performance Venues | Academic & Administrative Buildings
UMass Amherst is a mask-welcome campus. Click here to read the most recent updates for COVID-19 related policies for the 2022-23 school year.
For visits to the Music program, please contact Nathaniel Gowen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view a PDF map with directions to the Music Wing.
For visits to the Dance program, please contact Cathy Maclutsky at email@example.com
Click here to view a PDF map with directions for Bartlett Hall and Totman Gym.
For prospective students and family members, there are many options to consider during a visit:
- Tour of the facility, including studios, rehearsal spaces, and classrooms
- A chance to meet the faculty, including the possibility of sample lessons for students applying to UMass Amherst.
- Sit in on classes or ensembles alongside current UMass students
- A meeting to discuss admissions and audition procedures
General UMass Visit Information
Click here for Visitor Info, including Campus Maps, Directions to Campus, Parking, and Lodging.
Click here to Sign up for Campus Tours and learn about Admissions Events.
Click here to learn more about the town of Amherst.
Most department performances take place in these on-campus locations (see Totman Building below for many Dance events):
Tillis Performance Hall
Bromery Center for the Arts
- 1,800 seats
- Primarily for large ensemble performances. Click for full department concert calendar. Click to view ticketed events and purchase tickets.
- In addition to department events, the Fine Arts Center (a separate arts organization from the department) hosts its own events calendar every school year. Click here to view the FAC events calendar.
- Click here for Parking Information and Accessibility Information.
Bezanson Recital Hall
Bromery Center for the Arts – East Wing
- 200 seats
- Primarily for solo recitals and chamber ensembles.
- Located on Level 2 of the East Wing. Click here for PDF map with parking information.
- Accessibility Parking available in Lot 62 (between the Morrill Greenhouses and Olver Design Building).
Google Map View of the Bromery Center for the Arts
- 700 seats
- Primarily for dance, chamber, and large ensembles. Click to view the department events calendar.
- In addition to department events, the Fine Arts Center (a separate arts organization) hosts its own events calendar every school year. Click here to view the FAC events calendar.
- Click here for Accessibility Information and Parking Information
Google Map View of Stockbridge Hall
Totman Performance Lab
- Exclusively for dance performances.
- Click here for a PDF map with parking information.
Google Map View of the Totman Building
Academic & Administrative Buildings
Bromery Center for the Arts
151 President's Drive, Amherst MA 01003-9330
- All music classrooms, offices, practice rooms, and rehearsal spaces are in the East Wing ("Music wing") of the Bromery Center.
- Main office: Room 273 (Level 2)
- Admissions office: Room 263A (Level 2)
- Click here to view floor plan maps for the East Wing ("Music wing")
- For a detailed look on parking for the Music wing, please refer to the PDF map with directions to the Music Wing.
Totman Building: 30 Eastman Lane, Amherst MA 01003-9258
Bartlett Hall: 130 Hicks Way, Amherst MA 01003
- Dance classrooms, studios, and rehearsal/performance spaces are in the Totman Building.
- The main office and faculty offices for the Dance Program are located on the 3rd floor of Bartlett Hall.
- Dance Administrative office: Bartlett Hall, Room 352
- Totman Parking: Metered parking is available in Lot 43, next to Totman. Free parking after 5pm and on weekends. The Campus Center Garage is an 8-minute walk away.
- For a detailed look on parking and locations for the Dance Program, please refer to the PDF map with directions for Bartlett Hall and Totman Gym.
George N. Parks Marching Band Building
110 Grinnell Way, Amherst MA 01003-9308
- While not regularly used as a performance venue, is a major location for rehearsals and classes as well as the center of Marching Band activities on campus.
- Located on the west side of campus, behind the Recreation Center and close to Hicks Way.
- Click here for all Contact Info for the Marching Band staff.
- Parking: The Campus Center Garage is a short 3-minute walk away.
- The GNP Building is highlighted on the PDF map to the Music Wing.
Google Map View of the GNP Marching Band Building