Undergraduate Audition Requirements - Piano
Updated August 2020
Professor Gilles Vonsattel, email@example.com
Note: Jazz Piano applicants are not required to perform a classical piano audition.
Live Audition Requirements
- A representative piece from the Baroque period such as an Invention by Bach.
- The first movement of a sonata such as those by Haydn, Mozart (excluding K. 202 and 545) or Beethoven (excluding Op. 49, Nos. 1 and 2, and Op. 79).
- A piece from the Romantic Era or modern literature.
- Major and minor scales played in four octaves, two hands.
- Major and minor arpeggios played in four octaves, two hands.
- A rudimentary sight reading test will be administered to each student.
Remote Audition Requirements
- Prepare a video performance of the Repertoire portion of the Live Audition Requirements and have it available to view via YouTube.
- A link to the video must be submitted with the Audition Request Form. Raw video files are not acceptable.