The Minor in Music Performance is an option for focused music study while majoring in another subject. The Minor may be focused on either classical or jazz studies.
Note: Students intending to audition during spring semester Audition Days must complete the form no later than 3 weeks prior to the preferred date.
- 4 semesters of Applied Lessons (2 credits each semester)
- 4 semesters of approved Ensemble (1 credit each semester; must be taken concurrently with applied lessons)
- Music Theory I (MUSIC 112, 3 credits, Fall only)
- Aural Skills I (MUSIC 114, 1 credit, Fall only)
- Classical Majors: Music Literature (MUSIC 101, 4 credits, Fall or Spring, AT)
- Jazz Majors: choice of MUSIC 101, 102, 103, or 295J (3-4 credits, see full checklist for details)
- Approved Elective (3 credits, see full checklist for details)
Total Credits: 23-24