Ghigo JM, Weiss DS, Chen JC, Yarrow JC, Beckwith J. (1999)
Localization of FtsL to the Escherichia coli septal ring.
Fluorescence image (following deconvolution) of FtsL::GFP chimera protein localized
as a ring in a living, dividing E. colicell. FtsL and other cell division
proteins localize to the Z ring and are required for proper septum formation in E. coli.
Back To FtsZ Presentation
All Introduction Images and Schematics:
1. Septum in a dividing cell (TEM).
2. Schematic of FtsZ function during cell division.
3. FtsL::GFP chimera protein localized as a ring in vivo.
4. Time-lapse FtsZ localization and self-assembly.
5. FtsZ/tubulin sequence alignment.
6. Evolutionary history of FtsZ and tubulin.
Used by permission of
Dr. Jon Beckwith, Harvard University.