About the UMass Men and Masculinities Center
Our mission is to support male student success and the development of masculinities that are healthy for individuals and communities at UMass Amherst and beyond from a male positive, multicultural, and pro-feminist perspective.
Within this charge and in collaboration with existing campus programs, offices and centers the Center seeks to:
- Interrogate and deconstruct traditional forms of masculinity;
- Promote healthy relationships and positive expressions of masculinity;
- Explore the intersections of men’s identities;
- Foster men’s healthy and positive development through scholarship, leadership development, outreach, and advocacy;
- Support the implementation of a system of programs, collaborations, assessments, and advocacy that institutionalizes multiple levels of support for male student success by targeting identified areas of need in accordance with larger success objectives;
- Promote social justice at UMass and beyond.