OpScan Services can be utilized by any department or associated group which has a need to score or compile a multiple-choice / true-false quiz or exam. See the OpScan 2021 Presentation.
OpScan test forms will now be brought to the Mail Services Office located at 120 Tillson Farm Road, Amherst (Across from the UMass Campus Police Station) between the hours of 9:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Please remember, Whitmore is no longer a drop-off location.
Before you drop off your exam(s), please be sure that you have done the following for each being submitted:
- Completed a job ticket.
- Completed a Test Header Sheet.
- Completed a Test Answer Key, clearly marked with the test/version name.
- Verified that all Student Answer Sheets are face up and oriented in the same direction. (The easiest way is to align the notches at the top.).
- Only green answer sheets will be accepted.
In an effort to provide the quickest turnaround possible, the test package(s) must be complete prior to being dropped off for scoring. Failure to adhere to the above instructions will result in delays in processing and may include holding the package(s) aside, unscored, until the missing information is provided or errors have been corrected.
Need more green OpScan answer sheets or blue books? You can order them online here!
Our new, high speed OpScan®16 document scanning machine is designed to scan and score exams using Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) technology. Exam results will be calculated and exported into a series of pdf reports, a detailed results report spreadsheet and a simplified csv file for upload to the Learning Management System. (Currently MOODLE)
We pride ourselves on offering two-working-day service on all exams but often get scores and reports returned to our customers much sooner. This is especially true during extreme, high volume times such as mid-terms (anxious students, vacation times) and final exams, where time is critical for submitting final grades.
The original hard copies will follow within 3-5 business days via Distribution Services. All exams are processed as quickly as possible on a first come basis.
The results files will be uploaded to a secure University OneDrive folder that will only be accessible by you and the OpScan® staff.
- Class Frequency Distribution Report
- Condensed Item Analysis Report
- Condensed Test Report
- Student Response Report (PDF & Excel)
- Test Item Statistics Report
- Grades CSV file for import to the Learning Management System (Currently Moodle)
You will receive a notification message and link via email when the exam(s) have been graded and the digital file(s) have been delivered to the OneDrive folder. Simply click on the link provided to navigate to the file(s). The paper originals will be delivered in a tamper evident taped envelope to the address you specify at the bottom of your job ticket.
In order to maintain confidentiality and for security tracking purposes, the originals must be signed for at the time of delivery; therefore, the delivery destination must be staffed. A CLEAR, CONCISE ADDRESS IS REQUIRED.
- Use #2 pencils only. Ink is not permitted.
- Do not bend, fold, rip or fold up any of the sheets to be scanned as they may jam the scanner. Damaged sheets that do not scan will be returned to the instructor to be scored by hand.
- Students should fill in the bubbles dark and complete. Light marking or use of checkmarks, x's, etc have a high probability of being missed during scanning.
- Make sure no erasure marks are left on the sheet. They could be misread as a response by the scanner.
- Do not include paper clips, staples or rubber bands with your packet.
- Do not include any blank sheets as it could skew the test statistics.