We are interested in the application of NMR spectroscopy in the areas of polymer morphology, molecular dynamics, and diffusion. The materials we study include elastomers, fibers, photovoltaic materials, polyolefins, ionomers, artificial bones, fire-retardant polymers, etc. We also inquire how the nanoscale structural and dynamical behavior governs materials’ macroscopic properties such as those under extreme dynamic environments.
- BS, Tsinghua University - 1992
- MS, Tsinghua University - 1995
- PhD, UMass Amherst - 1999
1. Morphology and molecular dynamics of elastomers and how they affect the performance of the materials at high strain rate;
2. Morphology of photovoltaic polymeric materials;
3. Morphology of polyolefins;
4. Chemical structure and fire-retardation mechanisms of fire-retardant polymers and additives.