Alexander (Sasha) Suvorov
Research areas include environmental toxicology, bioinformatics, mechanisms of epigenetic inheritance and mechanisms of aging.
We try to dissect, how environmental factors and molecular mechanisms play together to determine epigenetic aging of tissues. Specifically, we focus on changes in metabolic profile and epigenetic program transferred to the next generation with sperm. To answer these questions we use broad range of method with a particular focus on high-throughput, sequencing based methods and bioinformatics analysis.
Learn more at www.umass.edu/sphhs/person/faculty/alexander-suvorov
- BS Moscow State Pedagogical University, 1990
- PhD Ecology and Evolution Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1994
- DrSci Ecology and Evolution Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2006
- Postdoctoral research, Sherbrooke University, 2007-2010;
- Postdoctoral Research, Boston University, 2010-2013