To apply to of Master’s degree in Labor Studies, complete the UMass Graduate School online application.
As part of the application, you will need to include a personal statement that should include a discussion of your
- interest in our program
- relevant background and experience
- career goals
Tell us: Why is Labor Studies at UMass Amherst the right program for you?
In addition to the online application materials above, you will need to:
- upload unofficial transcripts from all previous universities where you completed at least nine credits
- identify who will send two letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- Students will receive credentials to check the status of their application online after submission. Please note your account information, as there is no way to recover credientials after you begin your application.
- International students must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required but will be considered if submitted.
All application forms, transcripts, references, and TOEFL results (if necessary) are due by May 1 for Summer 2023 admission or October 15 for January 2024 admission, although applications are accepted on a continuing basis depending on space in the incoming class.
After You Apply:
- Follow the instructions on the Graduate School website regarding official copies of your transcripts.
Students applying to our program must meet the requirements for admission to the Graduate School. As a multi-disciplinary program, we welcome students with undergraduate degrees from across the social sciences and humanities.