The application for Resident Assistant and Peer Mentor positions for SPRING 2022 is currently CLOSED.
The application process for 2022-2023 position will begin on November 1st!
PLEASE NOTE: The Spring 2022 application only grants eligibility for Spring 2022. If you are interested in a Fall position as well you must submit a separate application for 2022-2023.
Interested in becoming a Resident Assistant or Peer Mentor?
Check back soon for a full list of all Residence Hall Information Sessions and Information Tables!
Why be a Resident Assistant?
- Promote a safe and inclusive community
- Become a leader among your peers
- Connect residents with resources across campus
Why be a Peer Mentor?
- Assist first-year students transitioning to college
- Share your academic experience and insight
- Serve as a mentor for academic success
Applications for both Resident Assistant and Peer Mentor positions for Fall 2022 will be available starting Monday, November 1, 2021 via umass.erezlife.com.
Your complete application must be submitted by Monday, November 22, 2021 at 12:00pm (NOON). A complete application will include:
- Essay questions
- ***Reference Letter
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. No submissions will be accepted after Monday, November 22, 2021 at 12:00 (NOON).
***Please note that the person you ask to provide your reference will not be able to submit it until you complete your application. That person will receive an email with a link to use to provide their reference in umass.erezlife.com once you click “submit.” We recommend that you complete your application as soon as possible did give your reference as much time as possible. However, if you do not receive a reference it will not disproportionally affect your candidacy.
All eligible candidates must have successfully completed EDUC391R: CORE in a previous semester, or be enrolled in the course for Spring 2022. PLEASE NOTE: This includes candidates for Fall 2022 as well as newly hired RAs/PMs for Spring 2022.
- EDUC 391R: CORE - (Residential Education and Community Development) is a one-credit, pre-employment requirement of all RA and PM candidates.
- If you have previously completed this course you do not need to re-enroll when submitting a new RA or PM application.
- If you have not already taken the course, or are not currently enrolled, you must register for EDUC 391R for the Spring 2022 semester.
ENROLLMENT FOR SPRING 2022 IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. ONCE COURSE REGISTRATION BEGINS THIS FALL if you are unable to enroll in EDUC 391R: Residence Education is committed to ensuring that all applicants receiving an interview will be enrolled in EDUC 391R. If you are currently unable to register for this course please still submit your application for the RA or PM position! Additionally, we ask that you fill out this form. After filling out this form we will be in communication with you to ensure that you are able to enroll in EDUC 391R during Spring 2022.
- All RAs and PMs must be current full-time UMass undergraduate students.
- RAs must maintain above a 2.5 cumulative GPA; PMs must maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA. PMs selected to live in the Commonwealth Honors College Residential Community (CHCRC) are required to have a 3.4 at the time of application and commencement of the Peer Mentor position as well as be a member of the Commonwealth Honors College.
- All RAs and PMs must be free of active conduct sanctions at least two weeks prior to the commencement of August training.
- All RAs and PMs must successfully complete (pass) EDUC391R: Community of Residence Educators (CORE) 1-Credit Course prior to starting the position. (see section above for clarification and expectations)
FOR SPRING 2022 VACANCIES
- October 3 – October 17: RA and PM applications are open for new applicants
- October 18 - 27: Applications are reviewed
- November 1: Applicants are informed of their status; Interviews are scheduled
- November 8 - November 12: Interviews held (remotely/via Zoom)
- November 19: Candidates informed of their status
Please note: The timeline of offers may change slightly based on needs of the university. All candidates will be informed of any changes.