The Facilities Operations staff of carpenters, electricians, maintenance technicians, masons, painters, plumbers and trades workers help to maintain a safe living environment for students. These workers are happy to come to your apartment and offer assistance with maintenance issues. Residents can use the online iService Maintenance Request System to submit a routine maintenance request.
Important: North Village Family Housing Emergency maintenance concerns should be reported directly to the Family Housing Office, located at apartment C-01, in person or by calling (413) 545-3115, 7:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday. Emergency maintenance councerns outside of business hours should be directed to Residential Life Emergency Operations at 413-545-0812. To see the list of maintenance emergencies click here.
If you have a routine maintenance request, submit a Service Request Form online using the iService Maintenance Request System.
- To begin, click Submit a Request in the left column.
- The next page will ask you to select your facility. Click on the double arrow (>>) button next to UMASS. Then it will ask you to select your building. Click on the single arrow next to the box that says BAKER (˅). A drop-down menu will appear, scroll down and click NORTH VILLAGE. Then click the double arrow button (>>).
- This will take you to the final page, where you submit the details of your request. Enter your preferred contact information in the Name, Phone #, and E-mail Address boxes. Click the small arrow (˅) next to the Repair Ctr box and select FH - Family Housing from the drop down menu. Then click the small arrow (˅) next to the Room box and select your room from the drop down menu.
- In the Request box, describe the maintenance issue that you would like to be fixed.
Important: By submitting this request, you are authorizing the necessary personnel to enter your apartment, even if you are not home. This is stated at the top of the request page.
If you would like to add requests for the personnel about entering your home (i.e. shoe covers, time restrictions, etc.) please put these in the request box as well.
- After filling out the request box, click the submit button and you are finished! Someone should be on their way to your apartment soon!
Important: Please only submit one request at a time. If you have several maintenance issues, repeat this process for each issue.