Students in need of housing during the summer should look into off campus options. At this point, Summer Session housing on campus is full and we are no longer taking summer housing applications.
Summer Sublets Off Campus
Need a place to live this summer? Living off campus in the Amherst area is still an option that can offer more space and still allow for safe social distancing.
Although the Off Campus Student Center is closed they are still available over email at firstname.lastname@example.org and will respond within 1 business day. As always, resources will be available 24/7 on the Off Campus Housing website https://offcampushousing.umass.edu/.
- prices range from $315 - $2,850 per month
- room in hotel, in a house or an apartment complex, studio apartments available
- access to kitchens, outdoor spaces, and more depending on property
- summer sublets and month to month leases available
- new listings added daily
- Have an apartment? You can sublet it via our site as well
- photos and virtual tours available
Mount Ida Campus
Summer housing at Mount Ida is no longer being offered. Please review off campus options or on campus options in Amherst.
UMass Amherst Campus
All spaces have filled and we are no longer taking applications.
Students who sign up for summer housing on-campus will be assigned to their own room to ensure social distancing is possible in CHCRC. UMass Dining grab and go services will continue to operate on a reduced schedule for summer residents.
Summer housing prices range from $1,404 plus a $30 technology fee for Summer Session I (May 17 - June 26) to $3,132 plus a $60 technology fee for Summer Sessions I and II (May 17 - August 14).
The health and wellbeing of our residents and all the members of our community remains our top priority. To keep our campus community safe, all students who remain on campus must agree to live with the following expectations for campus life:
- Food, housing and health care will be available, however, to ensure we maintain proper social distancing, no programing or social events will be held by the university or students.
- Residential Life and residential students may not host any in-person events or programs in common spaces or student rooms in the residence halls.
- You are expected to remain on campus for the safety of yourself, fellow students and the broader community. Guests will not be permitted in the residence halls.
- You must abide by the highest of standards for student behavior during this time. In addition to being subject to the terms of the Code of Student Conduct and all applicable university and housing policies, students will be asked to leave campus immediately if their behavior in any way compromises the health or safety of anyone on campus, severely disrupts the university environment, and/or uses critical medical resources that are needed for the larger community for avoidable conditions.
Apply for Summer Housing on-campus at https://www.umass.edu/living/assign/summersession.