Students participating in the Veterinary Technician program on the Newton campus have the opportunity to reside in New Hall. New Hall houses 132 students in a combination of single and shared rooms. There are shared bathrooms, ample lounge space, kitchens, and a laundry room in the hall.
Securing an Assignment
Newton campus students who wish to secure an assignment in New Hall must use Online Room Selection to assign themselves to an available space. In order to use Online Room Selection students must complete the following four steps on SPIRE under Main Menu > Residential Life:
- Sign the Residence Hall Contract
- Submit the Housing Profile
- Request an appointment* on the Room Selection Home page
- Select an available space when their appointment begins
*Students who miss the appointment request deadline are not guaranteed an assignment.
Newton Campus Room Selection Timeline (All dates/times are based on U.S. Eastern Standard Time)
Request an Appointment Begins: July 10, 2018
Request an Appointment Ends: July 24, 2018 by 11:59pm
Appointments Posted: July 25, 2018 by 3PM
Online Room Selection Begins: July 26, 2018
Online Room Selection Ends: August 2, 2018 11:59PM
Single Room - $4,134.00
Shared Room - $3,534.00
- Prepare by watching Online Room Selection Video Tutorials and discussing housing preferences with potential roommates.
- When appointments post, perform test searches to familiarize yourself with room selection.
- Select Your Assignment!
- Get Confirmation! When you are assigned, you will receive a confirmation email.
- When you accept a group invitation, your group leader is responsible for selecting an assignment for the group. You are not able to select the assignment yourself. Follow up with your group leader to ensure they have fulfilled their responsibility! If you decide to leave the group, the group leader must dissolve that group.
- If your group wishes to continue searching after they have selected an assignment, they must re-form the group!
- You can select or change your assignment three (3) times in the process. “Selection Opportunities Remaining” on the Room Selection Home page indicates this limit.
- Once you select an assignment, you are subject to the contract cancellation fee. Only select an assignment if you are sure you want to live on campus for fall 2018.
In order to receive mail at your residence hall, it should be addressed using the following form:
New Hall, Room #
Mt Ida Campus of UMA
777 Dedham Street
Newton, MA 02459