HSCN Channel Guide

How do I access cable TV in my room / apartment?

All student rooms and on-campus apartments are equipped with a CATV outlet. Simply connect your television to the wall outlet using a standard coaxial cable, also called an RF cable. To receive all of the CATV channels, use the TV menu command to select CATV or CABLE (not antenna or off-air) and AUTO program. Refer to your television User's Guide for additional set up information.

Television Programming Process

If you have difficulties connecting your cable please call our office at 545-4803 and a customer service representative will help you. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Where can I find a list of channels that are included in the on campus cable service?

You can find the HSCN Channel Guide here.

My reception is bad! How can I fix it?

You may contact us and we will schedule a service call (free of charge) at your convenience. Most individual reception problems are caused by bad connections. Please make sure your cable jumper is properly connected to the wall jack and to your TV.

How do I receive the Digital and HD channels?

Your TV set must have an ATSC digital tuner .Most new TVs sold today will have this digital tuner. An auto program or auto scan function in the cable mode on your TV menu will memorize all the HSCN HD channels. For assistance with this procedure, please consult your owners' manual or call us at 545-4803. Please refer to the Channel Guide for HSCN channel locations.

I only receive channels 3 - 13. Why?

Your TV is set to receive "off-air" channels. This setting must be changed to CATV, CABLE, or STD. Once in the cable TV mode, perform the AUTOPROGRAM or SCAN function again.

Where can I find information about what's happening on campus?

Visit Student Life Info Channel on channel 20-2. Campus residents can find out about campus events and much more.

Who can I contact if I have a question or problem with my cable service?

Please call our Customer Service number at 5-4803 if you have a question or problem. You can also email us at ask askhscn@sacl.umass.edu or submit a service request using the Housing Service Request System at http://servicerequest.sacl.umass.edu/home.html Please note that the online service request system is only accessible from within the residence halls.