To reduce and prevent wait times, there will be a strict 20 minute limit for each bin sign out.
Bin Sign-Out Regulations
You will not be able to sign out a bin until:
- You have fully packed all of your belongings so that they are easy and quick to load into a bin.
- The vehicle you are loading your belongings into is outside of your building’s designated loading zone.
If you are unable to finish loading your vehicle in 20 minutes, you must return the bin to the checkout station where you signed it out, and hand carry the remainder of your belongings to your vehicle. Do not keep a bin for more than 20 minutes. Students who keep a bin for over 20 minutes will be assessed a $50 late return fee.
Do not pass your bin to a friend once you are done loading your vehicle.
You must return the bin to the checkout station you signed it out from. Students who do not return a bin will be charged the cost of the bin, which can be up to $200.
Please note: We understand family, friends, and guardians may be assisting students with move-out. These individuals will be able to sign out a bin on a student’s behalf, but should have the student’s name, building, and room number ready to provide at the bin sign-out table.
When Bins are Available
Important: it is possible elevators will be shut down and bin service will stop at some point on Thursday, May 12. Please plan accordingly.
Bins will also be available for sign out from your Residential Service Desk throughout the move out period.
Where Bins are Located
North - Near North B
Orchard Hill - Bowl
CHCRC - Area between Roots Café and Oak
Southwest - four locations:
- In front of Hampshire DC near Kennedy Ramp
- Between JQA and Washington, near ramp to John Adams
- Behind Berkshire DC, between Moore and Pierpont
- Sunset Avenue between Patterson and MacKimmie