All students planning to complete a Move-Out, must follow the public health requirements below. Once you've reviewed the information below, use the menu to select the category that best matches your situation for Move-Out information.
Public Health Requirements
As we know the daily monitoring of one’s health and well-being prior to going out in public aids in early detection of infectious disease and is one of the most effective measures to prevent community spread of COVID-19. In our ongoing effort to protect the UMass Amherst campus community, the university has adopted the practice of individuals reviewing a COVID-19 Daily Self Checklist before coming to campus. The checklist has eleven (11) questions and if you answer YES to any of the questions, you MUST STAY HOME and contact Residential Life Student Services to make alternative move-out plans.
The checklist can be download here.
While on campus and in UMass facilities everyone needs to comply with established social distancing requirements. This includes:
- Wearing a mask or face covering at all times.
- Only family members that are essential to the packing and loading of the Move Out process should come to campus with their student.
- Respecting 6 feet of separation while waiting in any line queue at entrances or elevators as well as in stairwells.
- Only one resident and their helper inside any elevator at one time.
- No one not previously permitted to remain in their assignment may stay the night or re-occupy their assignment for any longer than necessary to move out their belongings.
- Communicate your plans to return to all of your roommates so that as a group you do not come at the same time and so that any roommates who have continued to live here are able to plan accordingly.
Have Additional Questions?
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page.