Applications Due: accepting applications on a rolling basis
The Student Office Assistant supports Residence Education staff by providing clerical and administrative support related to community development, communication, and residence hall processes. This is an hourly position, approximately seven hours per week. Starting pay rate is minimum wage.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist Residence Education staff by providing administrative support in a residential hall/cluster.
2. Contribute to the hall cluster community by providing support to the Residence Education staff in the areas of student conduct, community development, and hall processes.
3. Assist with tracking student conduct cases within the hall.
4. Prepare materials for Residence Hall closings and other processes.
5. Prepare and posts advertisements for hall programs.
6. Complete mail runs from Res Ed office in area to hall. Distribute mail to Res Ed staff.
7. Complete other administrative tasks such as filing, copying, etc. as assigned
Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality
Basic computer skills
May not have a current student conduct sanction
Must be available to work at least 4 out of 5 weekdays, 1-3 hours per day.
The Residence Director or Apartment Communities Coordinator supervises the Student Office Assistant and provides training to review expectations and position responsibilities.
Contact a Residence Director or Apartment Communities Coordinator