How to apply: The position will be posted on the UMass Student Job Board when there are positions to be filled. This typically happens at the start of the Fall and Spring semesters, and sometimes in April to hire for the summer.
Click Here to be notified when the position is posted (you must be signed in to your UMass Google Workspace account to access the form.
The Student Office Assistant supports Residence Education staff by providing clerical and administrative support related to community development, communication, and residence hall processes. This is an hourly position, approximately seven hours per week. Starting pay rate is minimum wage.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist Residential Life staff by providing administrative support.
2. Manage Staff Calendars and process Time off requests
3. Prepare materials for Residence Hall closings and other processes.
4. Prepare and posts advertisements for hall programs.
5. Complete mail runs from Res Ed office to halls. Distribute mail to Res Ed staff.
6. Complete other administrative tasks such as filing, copying, etc. as assigned
Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality
Strong communication skills
Basic computer skills (computer science, graphic design, and experience with excel and Google Sheets are a plus - please note when applying)
May not have a current student conduct sanction
Must be available to work at least 4 out of 5 weekdays, 1-3 hours per day.
The Residential Life Business Coordinator and Office Managers provide training to review expectations and position responsibilities.