The application for Minute Movers is now available!
Apply at http://umass.erezlife.com! The priority deadline for applications is May 4th, 2018.
Minute Movers are a crucial part of a successful Move-In! As a Minute Mover, you will have the opportunity to represent UMass Amherst to new and returning students, collaborate with Residential Life as well as your peers, make new friends, and be the face of UMass Move-In! In addition, Minute Movers get to move to campus early and receive an early arrival meal plan and free t-shirt, as well as the opportunity to log 10 volunteer hours for an RSO, course, or other student group.
We hope that you choose to apply for a Minute Mover position! Please take a few moments to review the position requirements and expectations below.
What is a Minute Mover?
Minute Movers are students who will be part of the Fall 2018 Opening team. You will help move students into the residence halls from August 30th through September 2nd. You will have the opportunity to:
- Greet students and families as they arrive and help welcome them to our campus!
- Act as a resource for information about student life and living at UMass Amherst.
- Serve as a role model for other students.
- Have fun and show your school spirit!
What I am committing to?
As a Minute Mover, you will need to be able to move into your fall housing assignment during your designated move-in time on either Wednesday, August 29th or Thursday, August 30th. Minute Movers are required to participate in a team training on the 31st. You will work 2 shifts for up to 12 hours in total.
Failure to meet the expectations and duties of the Minute Mover job description will result in being billed for meals used Thursday (8/30) through dinner on Saturday (9/1) and early arrival fees up to $350. The billing scale for early move-in fees is as follows:
- Late to training: $30
- Missed training: $50
- Missed one shift: $150
- Missed two shifts: $300
- Missed two shifts and training: $350
What can I expect from the Minute Mover experience?
As your compensation for becoming a Minute Mover you will receive:
- 10 documented volunteer hours for an RSO, course, or other student group.
- A Minute Mover t-shirt will be provided that you will wear during your shifts throughout your tenure.
- Free early arrival on Wednesday, August 29th or Thursday, August 30th.
- Free early arrival meal plan.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the move-in experience!
I was a Minute Mover last year, how can I gain more leadership experience?
Returning Minute Movers are encouraged to apply for a Team Leader role during Move-In. Team Leaders are paid staff members for Move-In weekend. For more information view the Team Leader page.
Do you have a question about becoming a Minute Mover? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!