At this time, we are no longer accepting Summer Applications for the Amherst Campus.
Summer housing is available to the following groups of residents:
- Students enrolled in UMass Amherst Summer Session classes through Continuing and Professional Education who do not have an alternative housing option during the stay at home advisory.
- UMass Amherst students employed on-campus that requires you to be on-site. Applicants must document employment and be enrolled for fall 2021.
Summer Session assignments will be private and shared rooms located in Oak and Apartment and Suite private and shared rooms located in Linden.
Summer residents are expected to conduct themselves according to University policies as outlined in the Code of Student Conduct. All summer residents must have a valid UMass Amherst ID Card (UCard). The UCard is used as the key to the main entrance of the residence hall. All residents are expected to carry their UCards. When campus staff ask residents for identification, the UCard must be presented. To preserve Residence Hall Security, the UCard must never be loaned to anyone.
Summer Rent and Fees
Summer Session I
The Summer Session residence hall opens for check-in on Sunday, May 16 from 12-8pm. Classes begin on Monday, May 17, 2021. Room keys are available at the CHCRC Service Desk. Summer Session I concludes Friday, June 25th and check out is required by 5:00pm. No Summer Session I resident will be allowed to remain after 5:00pm Friday, June 25th unless they submit a Summer Session II housing application.
Session I (CHCRC): Sunday, May 16th - Friday, June 24th by 5:00pm
Oak Shared: $1,480
Oak Single: $1,480
Linden Suite Shared: $1,600
Linden Suite Single: $1,600
Linden Apartment Shared: $1,720
Linden Apartment Single: $1,720
IT Residential Technology Fee: $30
Summer Session I and II
The residence hall opens for check-in on Sunday, May 16 from 12:00 to 8:00pm. Classes begin on Monday, May 17. Room keys are available at the CHCRC Service Desk. Summer Session II concludes on Friday, August 13th and check out is required by 5:00pm. No Summer Session II resident will be allowed to remain after 5:00pm on Friday, August 13th.
Summer Session I and Session II (CHCRC): Sunday, May 16 - Friday August 13 by 5:00pm
Oak Shared: $3,256 (All Spaces Filled)
Oak Single: $3,404 (All Spaces Filled)
Linden Suite Shared: $3,520
Linden Suite Single: $3,680
Linden Apartment Shared: $3,784
Linden Apartment Single: $3,956
IT Residential Technology Fee: $66
Transition Options for Campus for spring 2021 Residents
Summer Meal Plan
Students are eligible to secure a summer meal plan. For more information, please contact Dining Services at (413) 545-1362.
- Any student who submits an application for Summer Session Housing and receives an assignment will automatically be billed to their Summer bursar account.
- Students who are assigned to a space and later cancel will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee and the weekly rent refund schedule. For more information, please contact the Student Services Office.
- The IT Residential Technology fee is a mandatory requirement for all summer residents, which will be applied to residents' Bursars bill.
If you're on an internship, part of a program on campus, or taking online summer classes, you can sign up to live on the Mount Ida Campus in Newton, MA. At Mount Ida, you'll enjoy everything you love about UMass Amherst living and more - free fitness center, free on-campus parking and free transportation to the MBTA green line, offering easy access to Boston.
Fill out the Summer 2021 Mount Ida Housing Application to secure a space this summer!