Students who are looking for housing for time periods outside of Summer Sessions are encouraged to come to our office to review Summer Sublet Options on the Off-Campus Student Life website.
Summer housing is available to the following groups of residents:
- Students enrolled in UMass Amherst Summer Session classes through Continuing and Professional Education. Applicants must be either 18 years of age or an undergraduate or graduate student.
- UMass Amherst students employed on-campus. Applicants must document employment and be enrolled for fall 2018.
All Summer Session assignments will be shared rooms with a roommate.
Please Note: Summer Session Housing will be assigned on a first come, first served basis based on space availability.
Submitting an Application
The application is a Google form and does require that you have an @umass.edu email account in order to complete the form.
To access the application, please navigate here to log in to your UMass Google Mail, you will need your NetID and Password and you must log out of any personal gmail accounts. Once you have completed this step, you will be able to access the Summer 2018 Application by clicking the link at the top of this page.
Students who secure summer housing will be assigned to Sycamore (Standard Shared, Standard Single) or Linden (Suite or Apartment Single, Apartment Shared) Residence Halls in the CHCRC Residential Area. Summer residents should expect their rooms to be equipped with a bed (mattress and frame), desk and chair, bookcase, and a wastebasket. Students must supply their own linens. No pets (including birds, rodents, or insects) are allowed in residence hall rooms. Read more about your room. Summer residents are expected to conduct themselves according to University policies as outlined in the Code of Student Conduct.
All summer residents must have a valid UMass Amherst ID Card (UCard). The UCard is used as the key to the main entrance of the residence hall. All residents are expected to carry their UCards. When campus staff ask residents for identification, the UCard must be presented. To preserve Residence Hall Security, the UCard must never be loaned to anyone.
Summer Rent and Fees
Session I: Sunday, May 19 - Friday, June 28 by 5:00pm
Standard Shared: $1,400
IT Residential Tech Fee: $30
Summer Session I Session II: Sunday, May 19 - Friday August 16 by 5:00pm
Standard Shared: $3,080
IT Residential Tech Fee: $60
Summer Meal Plan
Students are eligible to secure a summer meal plan. For more information, please contact Dining Services at (413) 545-1362.
- Any student who submits an application for Summer Session Housing will automatically be billed to their student bursar account.
- Students who submit a Summer Housing Application and later cancel will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee and the weekly rent refund schedule. For more information, please contact the Student Services Office at (413) 545-2100.
- The IT Residential Technology fee is a mandatory requirement for all summer residents, which will be applied to residents' Bursars bill.
Summer Session I
The Summer Session residence hall opens for check-in on Sunday, May 19 from 12-8pm. Classes begin on Monday, May 20, 2019. Room keys are available at the CHCRC Service Desk. Summer Session I concludes Friday, June 28th and check out is required by 5:00pm. No Summer Session I resident will be allowed to remain after 5:00pm Friday, June 28th unless they submit a Summer Session II housing application.
Summer Session I and II
The residence hall opens for check-in on Sunday, May 19 from 12:00 to 8:00pm. Classes begin on Monday, May 20. Room keys are available at the CHCRC Service Desk. Summer Session II concludes on Friday, August 16th and check out is required by 5:00pm. No Summer Session II resident will be allowed to remain after 5:00pm on Friday, August 16.